Why self-test for bowel cancer?
Reasons to test for bowel cancer at home
Taking control of our own health using self-testing kits is now affordable enough to be routine, helping us to ensure we live as long and as healthily as we possibly can. measure Bowel Health is designed to enable anyone at any age to monitor their own bowel health; marrying a great user experience with cutting edge technology. It makes self-testing for bowel cancer simple and discreet.
Bowel cancer statistics
The statistics provide a multitude of reasons to self-test for bowel cancer:
- Bowel (colorectal) cancer is the fourth most common form of cancer in the UK and it has the second highest mortality rate
- Early detection can mean that medical interventions can achieve up to 97% survival rates
- Cases in the under-50s are on the rise and have grown by 45% in the last 14 years according to Bowel Cancer UK
- Each year, more than 2,500 under-50s are diagnosed with bowel cancer
- Bowel cancer rates in young people are expected to rise by up to 90% by 2030 according to a study by the University of Texas
Aside from the statistics, it makes good sense for us all to learn as much as we can about our bodies and new affordable technologies such as measure allow us to do this. Taking control of our own health using self-testing kits is now within our reach, helping us to ensure we live for as long as we possibly can.
Bowel cancer symptoms often go unnoticed until the cancer is advanced and this can mean it becomes less treatable. Self-testing is one way to catch the disease as early as possible and we recommend the measure self-test to be used at least once a year.
Contact our team if you have any questions or concerns around using the test.